“Has great vision, commitment and passion for his job.”
“Exudes energy and excellence.”
“Loves what he does and it’s evident in the product he puts out.”
Director, Strategic Content | Social
Washington, DC — March 2005 – Present
Provide social media strategy and content for national consumer food brands.
- Develop comprehensive plans outlining audience development, messaging strategy, and social platform options to grow the brands.
- Present data analysis of social metrics to iterate and guide ongoing content plan.
- Drove 27% increase in ROI on measured media.
- Engagement rates climbed over 150 percent, and reach increased over 40 percent.
Washington, DC — January 2017 – Present
Implementing an adoption strategy and communications plan for an intranet redesign (SharePoint) and Enterprise Social Network (Yammer) launch at Freddie Mac.
- Create video scripts, articles, executive talking points for the product rollout.
- Brief senior leaders on the projects, their value to the company, and leadership’s role in driving adoption.
- Liaison between Corporate Communications, IT, and consulting teams.
Digital Engagement Strategist
Washington, DC, December 2015 – July 2016
Worked with federal, state, and local governments to develop strategies for maximizing benefits from email marketing, data visualization, and interactive text messaging.
- Increased 2016 Texas Parks and Wildlife Department fishing license sales 116 percent through use of audience segmentation to increase engagement.
- Provided best practices, operational support, and metrics analysis for the U.S. General Services Administration Voice of the Customer survey project.
- Launched interactive text messaging program with New York’s City’s First Readers to encourage parents to read more with their children.
- Created presentations, blog posts, and participated as a panelist for live and virtual seminars.
Social Media Strategist & Communications Manager
Washington, DC, October 2011 – Present
Transformed agency’s social media presence into a federal government leader by generating unique, interesting and relevant content, and establishing new digital channels.
- Developed strategic plans to use digital outlets (blogs, social, video, infographics) across the agency to promote business line and program activities. Advised GSA’s Administrator and senior leadership on digital strategies.
- Built a metrics reporting program for all GSA’s social media accounts and email marketing to inform future content plans.
- Dramatically grew Twitter (+3000%) and Facebook (+1200%) audiences, expanded social media presence to multiple new platforms, turned the agency into a model for the federal government.
- Oversaw media relations for 18F, GSA’s innovative agile technology unit. Earned coverage in national and trade press. Tasks included media training, writing and editing blog posts, collaborating with partner agencies (including the White House) and internal offices.
– Founding member, Social Media Community of Practice (#SocialGov)
– 2015 Winner, Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) Best Social Media Campaign (Medium Size Agency)
– Featured speaker at Digital East and Internet Summit conferences
News Director / Host / Online Content & Social Media Manager
Park City, UT, March 2005 – October 2011
Led the transformation of a local community information program into an award-winning news show featuring governors and senators, Oscar and Grammy winners, authors and economists, and Olympic gold medalists as well as local citizens, local businesses and non-profit groups.
Created unique feature story content that served local and national audiences through our partnership with Outside Television as well as live streaming and our YouTube channel.
Managed a regular staff of ten videographers, which increased to over 25 during the annual Sundance Film Festival. Our Festival coverage was second-to-none, with over 100 filmmaker interviews, 25 musical guests, four live shows, and additional special programming. As News Director, I developed our content plan, booked guests, assigned reporter teams, and ran the daily production operations.
Built an online presence for the station by creating a website, blog and social media accounts to improve our reach and engagement with local viewers and those beyond our broadcast range.
- Produced Emmy-winning documentary, contributed to another Emmy winner, won numerous Society of Professional Journalists, Utah Broadcasters Association, Telly Awards and more. Our staff won more awards than stations five times our size with ten times our budget.
- For the 1-hour live show I hosted daily, I booked and interviewed guests ranging from Pulitzer Prize winners to Olympic Gold Medalists to governors, senators and Oscar nominees.
- Increased production of feature stories from 3-5 stories per month to 3-5 stories per week.
- Developed new on-air products for the sales team, and wrote their marketing materials.
- PCTV had more Twitter & Facebook followers than any other local media site.
- Increased traffic to PCTV videos by over 400% through social media efforts.
- Generated press coverage in Salt Lake City media (radio, magazine & newspaper).
- Named RSN (now Outside Television) Host of the Year in 2008.
- Produced and shot features in HD, edited with Final Cut Pro and Avid Media Composer.
Park City, UT, August 2008- October 2011
Generated press coverage across the state for the foundation’s efforts to improve public education in Park City and helped increase foundation funding to the best levels in five years.
- As a member of the marketing & PR committee, I managed a team of local writers who create features on programs funded by the foundation, and then promote those success stories using social media and a new blog.
- Developed new fundraising ideas and networked with the community to raise awareness of the organization.
- Host/MC for foundation fundraising events.