“Has great vision, commitment and passion for his job.”
“Exudes energy and excellence.”
“Loves what he does and it’s evident in the product he puts out.”
Senior Director, Strategic Communications
Washington, DC — March 2005–Present
Executed integrated communications strategy, public relations, content creation, media and communications training for clients in diverse industries.
- Increased awareness and audience engagement for a national consumer food brand 150% and expanded reach 40% through audience development, messaging strategy, influencer marketing, and social advertising.
- Trained corporate and nonprofit leaders, and Olympic athletes in media relations.
- Served as a high-energy master of ceremonies for companies like American Equity Underwriters, Real Salt Lake (MLS), Salt Lake City Downtown Alliance, and Snowbird Resort.
“Ori is a consummate pro and great at strategic communications. His government, nonprofit and broadcast experience show through in his thinking through everything from social media tactics in a crisis to long-term direction for organizations. I’ve known him in several roles and turn to him as a trusted thought leader.”— Seth Amgott, Senior Communications Professional
Director of Influence + Communications
Washington, DC — August 2019-February 2021
Guided the branding and communications strategy for all platforms: social media, press relations, website, newsletter, and live events. Responsive to emerging media topics, positioned staff and fellows as industry experts and influencers in the areas of Fair Finance and Public Interest Tech.
- Created 270% more content in 2020 than previous year.
- Boosted Twitter impressions 200%, and LinkedIn engagement 5x.
- Earned press coverage in industry, local, and national media.
- Oversaw relationships with multiple PR agency partners and media consultants, project funders and partners, Georgetown University communications, and web developers.
- Produced over 20 online and live events.
- Introduced new video content.
- Trained staff and students in media relations, public speaking, and storytelling.
- Managed communications team, providing mentorship, guidance, and supervisory feedback.
- Designed and produced publications including reports, flyers, event materials and more.
Washington, DC — January 2017-October 2017
Advised senior executives and collaborated with human resources, corporate communications, and IT teams to deliver a new intranet and social community on-time and on-budget for Freddie Mac’s 6,000+ employees.
- Delivered multimedia campaigns (video, newsletters, blogs, live events) and maintenance of editorial calendar.
- Attained 90% adoption rate, and higher-than-anticipated engagement with minimal technical issues.
“Ori provided a spark of creativity and encouraged us to think outside the box. Launching a social collaboration tool is a large task and he helped provide the knowledge and experience we needed to get the ball rolling. He was always asking the right questions. He was a great personality to have on the team.”— Phuong Short, Digital Design & Content Manager, Freddie Mac
Social Media Strategist & Communications Manager
Washington, DC — October 2011-October 2015
Overhauled the strategic direction of the agency’s social media, crafting an integrated plan to leverage all platforms with unique content.
“Ori Hoffer is a do-it-all, professional communicator adept at both strategy and operations. He is supremely talented at all aspects of multimedia communication, production, delivery, promotion, etc. I had the pleasure to see him in action for four years at GSA and he was an amazing asset and talent. I can’t rave enough about Ori.”David Wycinsky, Director of Communications, Department of Labor – Wage & Hour Division
- Founding member, Social Media Community of Practice (#SocialGov)
- Featured speaker at Digital East and Internet Summit conferences
- Managed media relations for 18F, translating technical information into compelling stories that earned coverage in national, local, and trade press.
- Positioned officials for thought leadership events including the Concordia Summit, and Aspen Institute Wye River programs.
- Grew Twitter audience 3000%, Facebook 1200%, and increased email marketing click-through rates 15%.
- Led media coaching for staff and senior officials, worked directly with the Administrator and senior leadership on digital strategies.
- Forged stronger connections to engage employees, provided best practices to other agencies, and improved relationship building with private sector partners.
- Excellent writer responsible for writing and editing blog posts, FAQs, press releases. Produced videos, and other unique outreach and marketing campaigns.
- Managed the production of a number of events – Administrator Town Halls, 18F Demo Days, Take Your Child to Work day – handling everything from initial planning to hosting.
- Won 2015 Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) award for Best Social Media Campaign.
News Director / Host / Online Content & Social Media Manager
Park City, UT — March 2005-October 2011
Developed award-winning (Emmy, Telly, and Society for Professional Journalists) feature packages, documentaries, and broadcast programming. Produced and hosted live daily news & entertainment show.
- Managed station public relations, earning media placements and creating partnerships with area press.
- Built a social media presence that boosted YouTube traffic 400%; launched streaming video; increased content available for Comcast On-Demand platform.
- Expanded coverage by booking nationally recognized talent and unearthing stories with appeal to viewers beyond Park City.
- Recruited freelancers, mentored interns, and mobilized a 10-member team, steering workflow coordination, assignments, and creative direction.
- Conceptualized content marketing products to generate new advertising revenue with partners including U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team, real estate firms, and the Park City Medical Center.
- Positioned station as a network-of-choice during the Sundance Film Festival, orchestrating 75 in-studio interviews and 22 live musical performances, more than any other media outlet.
- Named 2008 RSN (now Outside Television) Host of the Year.
- Produced and shot features in HD, edited with Final Cut Pro and Avid Media Composer.
“Ori Hoffer is, without a doubt, the very best TV interviewer I’ve yet dealt with—and I’ve done quite a bit of TV along the way. Usually book shows lack energy and humor and end up being pretentious for no good reason. Ori was the exact opposite… an absolute pleasure to work with… and what a magnetic TV presence he has. I really, really, really enjoyed the interview.”— Steven Kotler, author “A Small Furry Prayer”
“Ori had that rare quality for a media maker to actually care about what he was talking about. His questions and comments reflected a true connection to my mission.”— Peter H. Reynolds, author and founder of FableVision
Park City, UT — August 2008-October 2011
Generated press coverage across the state for the foundation’s efforts to improve public education in Park City and helped increase foundation funding to the best levels in five years.
- As a member of the marketing & PR committee, I managed a team of local writers who create features on programs funded by the foundation, and then promote those success stories using social media and a new blog.
- Developed new fundraising ideas and networked with the community to raise awareness of the organization.
- Host/MC for foundation fundraising events.